skip to content

Reentry Resource Center - New York

Serving People from Arrest to Reintegration

View by: Folder | Topic

Everyone has a right to a hearing within 10 business days from when the car was taken by the police. Individuals can get a"Notice of Right to Retention Hearing" from the police; this packet includes a form to request a hearing and information about the hearing process. In DWI cases, the police will usually offer individuals what they call a "settlement agreement" instead of a hearing. This agreement settles the civil forfeiture case that the police must bring to keep the car permanently.

This folder contains this information and more litigation materials for attorneys working in vehicle forfeiture cases.

Please Note: Some resources are restricted to Reentry Net/NY members only. Don't forget to log in, or click on Join This Area to become a member.


  • Reply Memo in Support of Motion to Dismiss and In Opposition to Plaintiff's Motion to Amend Complaint in Vehicle Forfeiture Case (The Bronx Defenders)

Pro Bono and legal aid attorney resources - Pro Bono Net