Building Career Pathways in New York City: A National Best Practices Forum
Wednesday, October 10
- By: New York City Employment & Training Coalition, NYC Workforce Investment Board
- Time: 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
UJA Federation of NY130 East 59th Street, Room 710/712New York, NYMap: maps.google.com
Lisa MooreNew York City Employment & Training Coalition212.253.6811
- Website: www.nyetc.org
HELP SHAPE THE FUTURE OF SECTOR-BASED CAREER PATHWAY PROGRAMS IN NEW YORK
The New York City Employment & Training Coalition (NYCETC), in partnership with the NYC Workforce Investment Board (NYCWIB), invites workforce development leaders from across New York City to take part in an important forum on October 10, 2007, from 9:00 am to 2:30 pm, at the UJA Federation, 130 East 59th St., Manhattan. Building Career Pathways in New York City: A National Best Practices Forum will bring together 150 New York practitioners, city/state government officials, policy experts, and funders for an interactive discussion of best practices from around the country, as well as how these policies could support New York's sector-based career pathway initiatives.
Space is limited and given the strong response, we recommend registering for this event as soon as possible. Please click here to visit our online registration site, where you will find the full agenda and can sign up today!
For questions regarding registration, please contact Lisa Moore at email@example.com or 212.253.6811.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Executive directors and senior staff from community colleges, community-based organizations, NYC and NY State government agencies, private foundations, industry associations, elected officials' offices and other entities interested in sector-based career pathway programs.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Here are just a few of the great topics you will learn more about at the NYCETC/NYCWIB event:
- Discover strategies for developing career pathway programs in such key New York City sectors as manufacturing, retail, hospitality, healthcare, nonprofit and legal services.
- Understand the value of using state WIA discretionary and general funds to support local sector-based career pathway partnerships between employers, community colleges, CBOs and government.
- Learn what it takes for a community-based organization to design a career advancement training program focused on specific sectors.
- Hear how a creative use of TANF dollars can fund industry-specific curricula development and community college/CBO partnerships.
- Gain insights about how to develop partnerships between sector-based One Stop Career Centers, industry and training providers that meet employer needs and help workers advance.
NYCETC expresses its sincere gratitude to Public/Private Ventures and the UJA Federation for providing special assistance for this conference.
As a complement to this conference, the Workforce Professionals Training Institute is offering a workshop for practitioners entitled, "One Step at a Time: Integrating Career Ladders into Workforce Development," on October 30, 2007, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Organizations that register for NYCETC's conference will receive 50% off the regular price of the WPTI session. Click here to learn more.
- Download this to your calendar