Reentry Resource Center: New York
Welcome to the New York State-based support network and information clearinghouse on prison, reentry, and the consequences of criminal proceedings. Attorneys, social service providers, policy advocates, individuals with criminal records, family, and community members are encouraged to join for full access to the online resource library, monthly mailings, and calendar updates. Click here for the national site.
Where do I begin?
- Need a lawyer? Get help here.
- If you or a family member is incarcerated, read our People's Guide, Criminal Process Overview, and Guide to Consequences of Criminal Charges.
- If you are a lawyer, browse our resource Library, Quick Links (below), or Resources of the Week.
- If you are service provider, view our events calendar and read our Library's relevant subject areas: Education, Employment, Immigration, Family, Housing, and Health.
- Want more resources? Create an account or take a tour of the site.
Most Downloaded Resources
Most Viewed Resources
Quick Links to Issue Areas
Most Viewed Resources: All-time
For National Research, Policy, and General Information visit:
Contact us for more information, or to set up onsite user-training.
Resource of the Week
December 9, 2013
This updated guide provides a summary of the recent statewide wins in ban the box, documents all statewide ban the box policies, and summarizes legislation introduced this year.
Visit Past Resources of the Week
Visit the Newsletter Archive
- Unlocking Justice: The Historic Rise of Life Sentences in America, Dec 11
- Communities, Police Practitioners, and Researchers in Conversation about: Alternatives for Safe, Respectful and Effective Policing: Ideas, Evidence, Past and Existing Practices, Dec 12
- Employment Rights for People with HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Substance Use Disorders, Dec 12
- New York Reentry Roundtable, Dec 18